The World You Control

"It's like we talked about. You control this world. Let the pain go, let the hurt go, let the guilt go. What you're imagining right now, that world you control. That place can be as real as any pain."
-Dr. Vera Gorski, Sucker Punch.
The World You Control is a blog by Lizz Matthews, who studies psychology- dealing with depression, anxiety, and addiction to self-mutilation.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Send the Pain Below.


Reading things on BuzzFeed... my daily routine.

Hello Children! Want to hear about another crazy thing that is actually happening in the world/? I know you do.
I do not consider myself a feminist but sometimes I feel like I don't matter. The only thing that really matters is that I'm a woman and I need to grow to be a wife. A wife that pleases a man. ALL I NEED TO DO.
I've had problems with guys before that I do not like speaking of, but thankfully the guys I'm around now give me hope.
BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT THE OTHER GUYS.
When I was 13, a teenage boy tricked me into thinking he loved me so that he could finally get what he wanted. I was fooled by him. He tried to USE me so he could get WHAT HE WANTED. As women, we all know what I'm talking about. 
So while I was scrolling BuzzFeed I came across this


I totally agree rapmonsters. 
Why? This happened to me.
This same guy, who was 15 at the time, told me what I was allowed to wear when he was around.
I was only allowed to wear short shorts, tank tops, band tees... pretty much anything revealing I owned even whenever it was 60 degrees outdoors. 
Why does this happen?
Why do some men think it's okay to tell women what they can and can't wear?
But wait, is it only men?
No. In fact women do it too. See ladies, you probably can't tell but whenever you tell a man to change his clothes because you "just don't like it" you are telling him what he can and cannot wear. Also, you're just killing the guys self-esteem, COME ON LADIES. You're telling him that the shirt he just bought with his favorite bands logo on it is not okay to wear because you don't like it. Is it just me that thinks that sounds a bit bitchy
Sorry.
Not calling you a bitch.
Just saying it's rude.
LET PEOPLE EXPRESS THEMSELVES THROUGH CLOTHING
YOU AREN'T THE PRINCIPAL OF A MIDDLE SCHOOL
STOP TELLING YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER TO 
FOLLOW YOUR DRESS CODE.

Get your crap together India.
Schmidt. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment